Planet Hollywood Costa Rica has a motto of vacation like a star. This motto comes into play as soon as you step out of your vehicle and into the lobby.
Once you are dropped off, you enter the lobby down a red carpet with lights flashing, the sounds of cameras clicking and the staff clapping your arrival like the VIP Star that you are. The welcoming to the resort is such an amazing way to start the introduction to the resort and as well as your vacation.
The location from Liberia airport to Planet Hollywood Costa Rica is about a 35 – 40-minute drive to this all-inclusive resort that is found on black sand beach, with an amazing backdrop of the ocean and blue skies.
I felt this property had more of a condo-type atmosphere and feeling, than a resort when you are viewing the resort from your room. The property is very hilly and if you are not in shape, would require the use of the golf carts to get up and down the hills. I would have to say even those in shape would not pass up the use of the golf carts provided by the property.
At the bottom of the hills, you will find the pool, beach, spa, gym and a couple of restaurants. You may not need a golf cart walking down the hills, but you certainly will need them going back up to your room or the main building.
If you are a beach person and love to relax on the beach and swim in the ocean, this may not be the property for you. The beach area consisted of a few lounge chairs found within the trees on the black sand beach where the ocean shoreline was a good walk away.
Despite the numerous steep hills, I would consider this property mobile friendly due to the golf carts that are made available to the guest to transport you up and down the hills.
At the main building, the top of the hill, you have the lobby area, many of the restaurants and the entertainment.
The rooms were beautifully decorated and well-kept during the pandemic. During my stay, I stayed in an ocean view junior suite in the STAR class category. The rooms are very spacious.
When you walk in you have a desk area that has a coffee machine and coffee cups. Located in that area is also a pull-out couch found next your bed. The room is divided by a huge stylish wall. On the other side of the way is a long corridor that consist of the bathroom, closet space, mini-fridge, double sinks and walk-in shower.
One surprise that the room had was “The Secret Box”. Which is a feature that I absolutely love and is often found at Secrets Resorts. It is a box to put your food when you order room service. The box allows the resort to put your food in without you having to open the door to receive your room service.
Planet Hollywood Costa Rica STAR Class
STAR Class provides you with all the amenities the resort has to offer however in addition to your normal amenities, you receive a few extra amenities on top of what the average guest, not in STAR Class, would receive such as:
- Personal Agent that reaches out to you every day to let you know what activities are going on the resort, make your dinner reservations and any activity reservations that are needed.
- You get exclusive access to STAR Class lounge and bar
- Complimentary access to the hydrotherapy pool found in the spa
- Upgraded room service menu
Planet Hollywood Costa Rica Restaurants
This all-inclusive resort has some amazing dining options, and the food was spectacular. There was a variety of cuisine options that supplied something for every pallet.
- So Cal Gourmet Food Emporium was the buffet choice that had a lot of options and stations to select from.
- East Sushi & Teppanyaki Bar is the place for dinner and a show
- Sunset Strip Steakhouse & Grill supplied the most amazing and well-seasoned steak that is sure to please any meat lover.
- Blue Star Tex-Mex Cantina offered Mexican cuisine
- Gusto Italian Trattoria supplied the choice for the Italian lovers out there
- Overtime Bar & Grill is the spot for your sporting needs, with bar food and great drinks.
- Guy Fieri’s Burger Joint is always a great possibility for lunch with their amazing burgers and seasoned French fries just like Guy would prepare it himself.
- Room Service is 24 hours a day and has a satisfying menu when you just don’t feel like leaving the room.
- Fuel Coffee Co is a cute little coffee shop with gourmet coffee, lattes and cappuccinos and baked goods.
Planet Hollywood Costa Rica Entertainment
Every night entertainment was provided by the main lobby in the entertainment area and stage. There were activities from cover bands to silent disco parties. Dressing the part for each night is always a fun way to ad some excitement to your night.
During the day, the resort offered cooking classes, kayak tours, foam pool parties and plenty of good music and fun by the main pool