I recently took a trip to Jamaica and stayed at the Iberostar Grande Rose Hall, which was a very nice and relaxing stay. When I am on vacation, there are so many nice luxuries that I get to enjoy and experience. As part of my stay at Iberostar Grande, there was a butler who helped make my stay even more comfortable.
One day I was having dinner and the butler stopped by to ask if there was anything he could do for me. I requested that he draw me a bath so when I returned from dinner I could take a soak. This is one of those simple things that I do not take the time to do for myself at home.
At least, it used to be one of those things. My new motto is “live life like a vacation”. And that is exactly what I have started to do. Therefore, when I returned home from my trip, I made it a point to take the necessary steps to enjoy a soak in my home, as if I was on vacation.
A bath is a simple and luxurious way to treat yourself to some well-deserved solitude. You can easily create a similar atmosphere in your bathroom by taking these steps for a sexy, relaxing soak:
- Just Add Water: Of course, you want the water to be a nice, warm temperature in order to help your body relax. Also consider choosing some nice additions such as bubble bath, salt beads, or if you’re feeling extra romantic, rose petals.
- Set The Mood: To truly let go of stress and worry, turn the lights down low and light a candle or two. It also helps to add a pleasant scent to the room, such as lavender or chamomile.
- Choose The Sounds: In addition to what you see and smell, what you hear is equally important. Try to find something relaxing, calm, and positive. Searching for a relevant playlist is a quick and easy way to find the right tunes.
- Rest Your Head: It can be hard to find a comfortable position for your head and neck, so consider using a bath pillow or simply a folded up towel. Just make sure you grab it before you’re in the water!
- Try A Bath Scrub: After a few minutes of soaking, I like to treat myself to a bath scrub with my favorite product, Dove’s Exfoliating Body Polish with crushed macadamia and rice milk. If you already have a favorite, even better.
- Just Add Wine: Or champagne, or strawberries, or chocolates, or all of the above! It’s your special time so treat yourself to whatever you desire. Just place it within easy reach, but far enough away from the edge of the tub so it won’t accidentally fall in.
- Bathtub tray: This can be a great addition to your bathroom arsenal, particularly if you plan on making soak time a weekly event. And it’s great if you want to add some additional space for all your products.
- Snuggle Up: You always need a fluffy towel and bathrobe when you step out of the bath. After traveling so much and enjoying nice towels and bathrobes from hotels and resorts, I invested in some of my own. I want to feel comfortable every day of my life, not just on vacation!
- Sleepy Time: Have your pajamas ready and waiting for you when you step out of the tub. Then all you have to do is get yourself to bed and fall asleep in an instant.
Oprah Winfrey once said that you should use your fine porcelain china at all times. When you save it only for when guests come over, you are saying that you are not special enough to use the good stuff. I apply that to every area of my life–why only enjoy the finer things when I go on vacation? I can enjoy them at home as well, including taking a nice, luxurious bath on a random Tuesday night!